Belmark was notified at 2:00pm that an employee in Plant 4, Belmark’s Arizona campus has tested positive for COVID-19. This individual was last at Arizona campus on 06.09.2020. The employee is receiving appropriate health care and is being asked to comply with all quarantine recommendations as outlined by the CDC.
Prior to this positive test result, Belmark had already implemented all safety practices for contact with an affected employee as noted by the CDC. CDC guidelines can be found here. We will continue with these safeguards as standard daily practices.
Experience and guidance from health authorities states no quarantine is necessary for those individuals working the same shift as the affected employee.
It is imperative that we continue to follow all safety measures outlined at Belmark. Thank you to all employees for continuing to adhere to these precautionary measures:
• Mandatory use of masks in production and while traveling in office areas.
• Social distancing of at least 6 feet
• Frequent handwashing-after and before breaks, using the restroom, and entering production.
• Temperature checks of all employees every day.
• No congregating in any area.
• Shift change separation
• Continued additional sanitation procedures before and after each shift.
• Continued benefits and financial support for affected employees.
For reasons of privacy and confidentiality we are not sharing the name of the affected employee. However, we ask that you keep them and their family in your thoughts and prayers. We pray for a quick and safe recovery.
Please know our employees’ safety and welfare is always our top priority. Our hope is that the measures above are practiced not only at work, but also at home as well, to help keep everyone healthy and safe.
We understand this is an uncertain time for our employees and their families. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your manager or a member of the COVID19 Team with questions.