Last Updated: 11/16/2020 2:00pm
Belmark is committed to maintaining reliable supply to our customers according to our Mission Statement.
Belmark has been identified by the government as a Critical Infrastructure Company and will continue to support your needs.
The spread of COVID-19 continues to impact businesses, events, schools and communities. Belmark is committed to protecting our customers, employees, family and workplace. We understand concerns about COVID-19 are top of mind and have listed our proactive actions below to ensure we stay operational.
On March 12, 2020, Belmark formed a taskforce of leadership who meets daily to review updates from the CDC as the COVID-19 crisis continues. We then proactively communicate to our employees via internal messaging and customers via an updated daily link. Belmark’s commitment to safety – COVID-19
COVID-19 Positive Employee Response Plan:
To ensure our workplace remains safe, Belmark has already implemented all safety practices for contact with an affected employee as noted by the CDC. CDC guidelines can be found here. We will continue with these safeguards as standard daily practices.
To date, there has been no spread of COVID19 within the Belmark workplace.
State Health Services informed us that coworkers are in the low risk category because of our precautionary measures effectively protecting employees at Belmark.
Thank you to all employees for continuing to adhere to our precautionary measures:
- Mandatory use of masks in production and while traveling in office areas.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Frequent handwashing-after and before breaks, using the restroom, and entering and leaving production.
- Temperature checks of all employees every day.
- No congregating in any area.
- Shift change separation.
- Continued additional sanitation procedures before and after each shift.
- Continued benefits and financial support for affected employees.
- A positive test response team was assembled by the Environmental Health and Safety Specialist to perform a risk assessment and to initiate the appropriate action to ensure that employees are safe and product is safe prior to resuming operation. At a minimum, the Functional Area Manager, Quality Compliance Manager and an Operations Team member are involved in the risk assessment.
- Belmark already conducts enhanced cleaning procedures as part of its SQF Food Safety certification.
- Further cleaning, disinfection and product quarantine will be directed as recommended by the CDC or other applicable government authority.
Maintaining a Safe Environment:
- All visits to Belmark including customers and other partners has been suspended since 3/17/2020.
- Increase professional cleaning and sanitizing throughout the facility – cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Continue stringent requirements for handwashing.
- Belmark employees are working remotely where their job allows.
- Effective 4/15/2020, Belmark is implementing mandatory temperature checks for employees in production as per guidelines from the CDC.
- Effective 4/9/2020, Belmark is implementing mandatory use of face masks.
- Employees have been given guidelines for utilizing a facemask and maintaining sanitation.
- Best practices for social distancing, including:
- Remain 6ft apart at all times and reduce regular and frequent contact
- Keep it local – use restrooms, break rooms, lunch areas, etc. nearest to assigned work stations
- No congregation in common areas like breakrooms, locker rooms and time clocks
- Use virtual portals for face-to-face meetings
- Shift Change Separation – avoiding contact or overlap between shifts.
- Belmark has proactively and repeatedly communicated with all Belmark vendors since December 2019 regarding supply concerns linked to the COVID-19 crisis.
- The vast majority of our supply chain is based in North America. To date, all vendors have communicated that they are monitoring developments and will communicate immediately if supply concerns develop.
- There are no immediate concerns regarding Belmark’s ability to deliver.
- As the global situation continues to evolve, we will proactively communicate with our customers should concerns develop.
- To prevent orders from being held up and to create more room for raw material, Belmark will be shipping all orders upon completion. This may be weeks before your request date. Since the restrictions are changing daily, we want your product to be in your hands as soon as possible.
How Belmark is supporting the community:
- Belmark will be donating 4,000 surgical masks to Brown County Emergency Operation Center
- Thank you to the Belmark seamstresses team who produced 1,532 cloth masks in one week to keep our employees safe!
We are confident our culture of being ALL IN will guide us to meet our customers’ needs while maintaining a caring and supportive environment for everyone who may be affected by the impact of COVID-19.
If you have questions or concerns regarding COVID-19 please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Karl Schmidt, Belmark President, directly at 920-336-2848.